Project Request

About Us

 

About G.G. Schmitt & Sons

A family business since its inception in 1951, G.G. Schmitt has forged its worldwide reputation for building high-quality marine hardware through innovative design, Old World craftsmanship and modern technology. This tradition of excellence, handed down from father to sons, dominates operations at our 80,000 sq. ft. headquarters facility in Sarasota, Florida with our new Aluminum Prototype Building on Whitfield Ave, and additionally at our continuously growing Summerville, SC facility. 

The History of GG Schmitt & Sons

1951Gervase G. Schmitt establishes the company in the basement of his family home after Trojan Yacht reaches out for custom parts. Fascinated with the work and devotion of their Father, Gervase’s 4 young sons begin learning the ropes.

1958-largeGervase G. Schmitt purchases first GG Schmitt & Sons facility located at Ranck Mill Road, Lancaster PA.

1962-1969 (2)1962-1969G.G. Schmitt is granted “Boat Rail” & “Gasoline Intake Device” patents.

1971Ron Schmitt graduates from University of Baltimore and officially begins working alongside of his Father and Brothers.

1984Gervase G. Schmitt & Ron Schmitt are granted “Method and apparatus for connecting boat railings” patent.

1989 (2)

1989GGS moves from Ranck location to the new Old Tree Dr Facility in Lancaster, PA. with 65 employees behind him. Becoming the corporate office and heart of GG Schmitt facilities.

 

1993

G.G. Schmitt & Sons is granted “Hand railing and method of Manufacture” patent.

1995-1997Updated1995-1997 (2)GG Schmitt opens first Sarasota, Florida facility to accommodate the growing amount of boat builders locating to Sarasota. GG Schmitt (Sarasota) purchases Wellcraft’s metalworking equipment, work-in-progress and supplies upon Wellcraft’s liquidation.

1998-1999 (1 updated)

1998-1999GG Schmitt purchases the land for the 15th Street E, Sarasota Facility (formerly orange groves). After much hard work, development planning, and county agreements GG Schmitt breaks ground to begin the construction of the 15th Street E, SRQ facility.

2000GGS officially open 15th St E, SRQ Facility which remains the largest GGS Facility to this day

20032003G. G. Schmitt & Sons is granted patents for “Adjustable boat windshield support brace” and “T-top apparatus with built-in seat for boats” (better known as the T-Seat).

 

2007

G.G. Schmitt & Sons receive “Retractable telescopic boat ladder” patent.

 

20172017Ron Schmitt wins the very much deserved National Marine Representative Association (NMRA) “Mel Barr Award” at the 2017 IBEX Tradeshow. The NMRA describes this award as “recognizing an individual who has contributed to the improvement of the industry”, and they were right! Congratulations Ron!

GG Schmitt opens new Summerville, South Carolina plant to accommodate the Boat Builders migrating to the Carolina’s and their ever-growing product demands thereof. Simultaneously, GG Schmitt opens their 2nd Sarasota Facility for all Aluminum Prototyping. 

20192019 (2)GG Schmitt & Sons becomes a division of Patrick Industries, Inc. The acquisition provided GG Schmitt with the ability to grow and develop more than ever, as the demand of the Marine Industry was doing the same. 

 

Are You Ready to Get Started? 

Contact Us Today